American Plant Food Multi-Purpose Lawn & Garden Fertilizer 2ea/13-13-13 50 lb
100048169 MFG #: 13-13-13
- Form: Granules
- Manufacturer: AMERICAN PLANT FOOD CORP
- Private Label: No
- Professional: Yes
- Size: 13-13-13 50 Pounds
1-1-1 ratio. Multi-purpose lawn and garden fertilizer.
- Additional Features
- Product Gross Weight: 50.0 lb
- Product Net Weight: 50.0 lb
- Packaging Type: Bag
- Ingredients: Potash; Phosphate; Nitrogen
- Nitrogen (N) Content: 13
- Phosphorus (P) Content: 13
- Potassium (K) Content: 13
- Application Season: Spring
- Use Instructions: Garden: In the spring apply and incorporate just before planting 15 lbs per 1000 square feet of Multi-Pels Fertilizer. Topdress and water in another 5-7 lbs per 1000 square feet of Multi-Pels four to five weeks later on high nitrogen crops such as corn, potatoes, and onions. However, do not topdress your tomatoes, squash, watermelons, and especially beans. Flowers: Apply 1 pound per 100 square feet (10 X 10 feet) and work well into soil before planting. Apply an additional 1 pound per 100 square feet every 12 weeks, mixing lightly with topsoil, making sure not to disturb the roots. Water thoroughly after each fertilizer application. Shrubs & Hedges: Apply in the spring, after danger of a killing frost is past, 1 pound per 100 square feet (10 X 10 feet) and work lightly into the soil, making sure not to disturb the roots. Water thoroughly after application. Repeat this application in early summer. Shade Trees & Fruit and Nuts: For an under the tree limb surface fertilizer application, apply 0.5 pound per inch of the trunkâs diameter. Measure the trunk diameter five feet from the ground. Apply this fertilizer rate in early spring and again in late summer. However, fertilizer is more available to tree roots when applied deep in soil. For this method of application make holes with a crow bar or some pointed object at 3-4 foot intervals in a ring around the tree at the edge of the branches and apply 1/2 cup of fertilizer per hole. With this deep fertilizer application, apply fertilizer in early spring and again in late summer. Established Lawn: Apply just prior to spring green up 10 lbs per 1000 square feet. Topdress and water in 7 lbs per 1000 square feet every 8 weeks as needed during the growing season. To avoid fertilizer burn, never apply the fertilizer to wet grass and always water in after the application.
- Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dry area.
- Caution: Keep out of the reach of children
- First Aid Measures: If in Eyes: Flush eyes with running water for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention if condition persists. If Ingested: If large amount is ingested, give 2-3 glasses of water and induce vomiting. Seek medical attention. If Inhaled: Remove to fresh air. Seek medical attention if condition persists. If on Skin: Wash with soap and water. Seek medical attention if condition persists.
- Safety Warnings: Keep away from high temperature fire conditions, the product may reach melting point and decompose to release NH3, SOx, POx or CN.