Pennington Smart Seed Sun and Shade Tall Fescue Grass Seed Mix for Southern Lawns 1ea/3 lb
Lawn grasses vary in the amount of sunlight they need to stay healthy. If some of your lawn receives sun and other parts receive moderate shade, Pennington Smart Seed Sun & Shade offers the perfect mixture for Southern conditions. Designed to survive in hot, humid and harsh conditions, this sun and shade grass seed mix has excellent disease resistance and very good drought tolerance. Plus, it contains just the right amount of fertilizer to help your lawn succeed. In areas of your lawn that receive 4 to 6 hours of sun daily, plant this grass seed mix in the early spring or early fall and see results in 8 to 21 days. This 3-pound bag covers up to 750 square feet for overseeding an existing lawn and 250 square feet for starting a new lawn from scratch. What makes Smart Seed smart? It’s our industry-leading innovation. Pennington's NexGen Turf Research is the largest private grass seed research facility in the United States. We lead the industry in developing top-performing, water-conserving, sustainable seed. Once established, our purebred, drought-tolerant Smart Seed grass requires up to 30 percent less water than ordinary grass seed. That's year after year, for the life of your lawn. Plus, our advanced, fertilizer-enhanced seed coat technology speeds establishment and promotes greener grass. Born from Pennington innovation and NexGen breeding and research, Smart Seed brings you better seed, better sustainability and better results.
- Grass seed and fertilizer mix for southern Tall Fescue lawns
- Ideal grass seed for lawns that receive sun in some parts and moderate shade in others
- Contains just the right amount of fertilizer to help your lawn succeed
- For areas getting 4 to 6 hours of sunlight
- Survives in hot, humid and harsh conditions
- Save up to 30% more water year after year versus ordinary grass seed
- Guaranteed to grow
- See results in 8 to 21 days
- This bag covers up to 750 sq. ft.